Tuesday, July 20, 2010

28 weeks!

We have made it to a major milestone... 28 weeks! Seven months pregnant! The percentage of having healthy babies just went sky high today! There could always be issues, but in most instances triplets born after 28 weeks face long NICU stays but are developed enough to enter the world.

So as of today if we go into labor the doctors will try to stop it so they can keep growing, but if they are born we have moved past "worst case" situations!

Last night Brian commented that we are 6-7 weeks from having the babies.... I laughed and said actually we are anywhere from one hour from this moment to 6-7 weeks!!!

Thanks for all the prayers, love and support that helped get us here. Please keep them coming, the longer the babies are cooking the easier their entrance to the world will be!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa & Brian,

    You don't know me, so this might seem a bit weird... I'm a friend, co-worker, and next-desk neighbor of your sister April. When she first told me about your story, I was so excited and happy to hear of your miracle. I want you to know that I have been praying for you all along. We check your blog often (at work, LOL) to see the great pictures of you and your family-to-be. I am so happy for you guys and I know that God will be with you through the rest of the journey. We (coworkers) even had a bet for the sexes of the babies and I won!!! I wish you all the happiness of motherhood... x3!
    Good luck and God Bless the Groves....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa and Brian--I am Nikki's mom, Stephanie--just want you to know how I have enjoyed reading your blog and wish you a big CONGRATS on making it to 28 weeks. As a pediatric physical therapist I can't support your wishes to keep those three beautiful children "cooking"!! God Bless all of you--you look so healthy and strong Melissa and both of you will be such great parents!!

    ReplyDelete