P.S. I have my daddy wrapped around my finger. When he is in charge ... well it's really me in charge! Last Sunday during my afternoon nap he let me cry for almost 10 minutes and then let me sleep in his arms for the next hour. Later I heard mom tell him that I have to stay in my crib and cry regardless of how long it takes...she is the nap enforcer!
Look at what a big boy I am! I weigh 13lbs 3oz and the doctors think it's amazing that I am on the growth chart for my adjusted age (4 months) considering all that I have been through. We think it's a strong sign that I am going to be just fine eventually! I am even moving into 3-6 month clothes just like my sister.
Here I am - still being the leader and still being a chunk! I weigh 15lbs and 12oz! I am so long that my 3-6 onesies are getting tight! My newest trick is grabbing my toes and rocking all around. I am even putting one foot in my mouth. My other new trick is rolling onto my belly when I am sleeping in my crib. This scared both of my parents to death the first few times but they are finally relaxing. Mom even woke me up a few times through the night turning me back over! From that you know that I am rolling all over the place and even lifting up my butt during tummy time which means I am one bit closer to crawling! I have also turned into a big time eater. I open my mouth and eat my cereal with no problems. Mom has to get on that baby food because I am ready for something new!
I have also started to reach out to mom and dad when I want to be picked up, which is almost always. They think it's so sweet and it's harder to resist me now!
I am still struggling with my teeth and it's getting worse. I drool everywhere, keep both hands in my mouth, and moan/wimper a lot especially in the evenings. Everyone is so ready for that tooth to break through. I picked up a little cold in the last week and my nose is stuffy. The doctor says it's fine as long as I don't run a fever. Mom feels bad because it was her that shared it with me!
P.S. Just ignore my crabby sister in the background of my picture. We often do!
P.S.S. If you want to see the picture of us in a bigger format you can just click on it!
My days are so busy. I get PT, OT, speech, and recreational therapy everyday and it exhausts me. I also get to take a bath in my big boy bathtub every morning. Mom has filled up my room with all kinds of stuff like my swing, a bouncy seat, my boopy, toys, and even a floor gym. I finally get to do all of the things my brother & sister have been doing. I am tracking toys with my eyes and starting to reach for toys when I am on my back. If I am on my side I reach for them with both hands! I am also working really hard on tummy time and head control. I have started to enjoy tummy time and even though I can't push up or hold my head up yet the therapist can tell that I am trying hard (she keeps her hands lightly on my muscles to see if I am working or not!) and my body knows what it is suppose to do. My speech therapist is trying something new this week called VitalStim. It sends very weak electrical currents to the muscles in my throat area in hopes it will stimulate them to respond. My airway is so damaged from my ET tube, my weak muscles, and my trach surgery that I can't swallow very well so we are trying to shock them into working stronger!
Mom chose this picture so you can see how big I am AND because I am giving her the rock on sign (my right hand)! Because you know I AM A ROCK STAR!!
I have also started to reach out to mom and dad when I want to be picked up, which is almost always. They think it's so sweet and it's harder to resist me now!
I am still struggling with my teeth and it's getting worse. I drool everywhere, keep both hands in my mouth, and moan/wimper a lot especially in the evenings. Everyone is so ready for that tooth to break through. I picked up a little cold in the last week and my nose is stuffy. The doctor says it's fine as long as I don't run a fever. Mom feels bad because it was her that shared it with me!
P.S. Just ignore my crabby sister in the background of my picture. We often do!
P.S.S. If you want to see the picture of us in a bigger format you can just click on it!
STOP GROWING UP!!!
ReplyDeletePS- LOOOVE Jackson's shirt! ;)
Wonderful post, beautiful babies! So happy everyone continues to progress
ReplyDelete